but was subsequently replaced with the Sales & Service Tax in September 2018.
The Ministry of Finance Malaysia has stipulated that Goods & Services Tax (GST ) be zero-rated from 1st June 2018.
Sage 300 users can adjust the GST rate from 6% to 0% as follows: (Note: Please see update below)
To maintain both old (GST at 6%) and new (GST at 0%) tax information in Sage 300, it is advisable to create a new set of tax settings.
- Add a new Tax Authority, for example “GST0”, that you can use from 1st June 2018.
- Define the same tax classes as you did earlier for GST at 6%
- Instead of 6%, set all tax rates to 0%
- Setup Tax Groups to point to the new Tax Authority
- Perform the tax mapping as you did previously.